dinsdag 16 december 2008

Printing Compositions- The Woods


This was my last print, and it was a fast print too because I thought I was finished with the project but I wasn’t. Thankfully I wanted to print this picture as a claustrophobic picture as well, but before I thought it would not fit into the limit of pictures. This picture was the one that needed the most time. I began with the settings for the previous print. Therefore I started at 73. However, when I saw that it was too light I did what you can see on the test strip. The lowest time is on the bottom of the test strip starting at 75 seconds. From there I went up in 5 seconds. The top of the print ended at 90 seconds. As you can see on the full print compared to the test strip, the full print is still darker. That is because I didn’t think the darkest part of my test strip was dark enough, therefore I added an extra 5 seconds to the full print. This means that my full print ended up with 95 seconds, no filter and aperture 2.8 for its settings.


This picture makes me claustrophobic because it reminds me of a forest at night, when you’re not able to see things properly. That is probably one of the things that scare me the most, not knowing what is ahead of me. Therefore, this picture shows a lot of distance, yet there is no real detail of anything. Just a bunch of bushes put together.

Geen opmerkingen: