dinsdag 16 december 2008

Printing Compositions- The Gate


The second image I printed was the one of the teacher’s daughter by the school gate. Therefore I took a picture of her daughter standing in there. This image seems to be better in focus then the last one. However it is clear the part that is most in focus is the middle part of the girls body. It was also relatively easy to find the settings for this picture since they are very similar to the ones of the last print. The settings for this image are at 80 seconds, 2.8 aperture, and no filter. As you can see, the only difference is the time I have put into the picture, but it only has a difference of 5 seconds. When finding the settings for this picture, I started off with the same ones as I had for the final print of the previous picture. So, aperture 2.8, no filter and 75 seconds. However, even though it had a good enough contrast, the picture needed a little bit more detail. Therefore I added 5 more seconds to the final print.

To me, this picture refe
rs to what I consider claustrophobic because when I take the bus towards Leiden, I need to go through those doors every day. Usually, that door does not frighten me. However, when the school ID doesn’t work and you are trying to push those doors but nothing happens, I usually get a sense of insecurity inside. With the face she put on the picture, it makes the picture look better because she has a scared face. The fact that she is holding a stick is also rather effective in another way, because it maybe be what she is holding in order to defend herself. She looks like she is lost in those gates, which makes this picture so forceful.

Geen opmerkingen: