dinsdag 16 december 2008

Printing Compositions- The elevator


This picture is of Marte. As you can see from the picture, the subject (Marte) is looking very dark, however the picture itself is not too dark, as you can see in the background as well as the subjects hair. This gave myself quite some doubt because I thought that the lighting was too dark, however the teacher thought it gave the picture a nice effect. Usually when I use pictures from the same negatives, they roughly have the same settings. For this reason, I always follow up with my settings from the picture printed before. If we look back at the settings of the previous picture I used an aperture of 2.8, no filter, and left the paper in the light for 80 seconds. Which is why I began with my test strip at that time. When the teacher and I saw directly that it was too dark, we were able to figure out how much time I needed for a full print. Because the picture was too dark at 80 seconds, however it wasn’t dark enough to not see detail, we only took 7 seconds of. Therefore, my final print ended up being at 73 seconds, with an aperture of 2.8 and no filter.

All of my friends and family in Spain live in apartments. That is something you will often find when you go to Spain, ins
tead of having houses everywhere like in Holland, there will be apartments. However, to have high apartments, elevators are a major key factor. Usually, they work well, and it is not a problem, and when they work well, it isn’t scary to go in them. However, when I go to my grandfather’s house, an apartment, which was made in the 60’s, I get very scared when I enter the elevator. Usually it works well, however, sometimes it randomly stops, and I feel claustrophobic, wanting to get out and start panicking. This is what this picture resembles. As Marte is in the elevator, she is looking at the door closing, looking very frightened. Which shows claustrophobia. In the picture, you can see that her eyes are looking at the door, and they are bright open, which is a fear factor.

Geen opmerkingen: