vrijdag 21 november 2008

Printing composition; Renee


Firstly I printed a picture of Renee by herself. This picture was representing the angle shot. I firstly put the negative in the enlarger, and in order to have only the important part of the picture, I had to move the enlarger up. When I did this, I thought about how the fact that I moved the enlarger upward it would affect the amount of light, and that it would have to be exposed for longer time as well. Therefore, using the same settings as for the printing compositions, except adding more time, I printed the first test strip. When I saw that this was going to be too light, I made another test strip going up in 10’s. I then directly saw the right settings for my final print. Mainly aperture 2.8, filter 0, and 65 seconds. When I got the results for this image, I printed it in the big sized paper (A2 Paper). I was not sure yet how I wanted to fit the picture in. I first did it landscape wise, however this meant there would be too much free space on the sides, therefore the image would not really look very good. So I decided to make it into a portrait. This made the image look a lot less empty for which I like it more. I think it’s a good image; maybe it is a little bit grey however it gives a nice effect. The shadows in this image are special too, because of the angle shot, for which the light comes from the top; she has a shadow under her chin and by her neck.

Geen opmerkingen: