donderdag 20 november 2008

Diary Entry

During this project, my class used negatives which seemed to be rather different compared to that which we used during previous projects. These negatives are not as see-through as they always used to be. At first I thought it had only happened to my negatives, which therefore could have meant that some light had gotten into the canister, which had therefore exposed the film. However, this same thing occurred to all of my class mates. Yet I was rather lucky when it came to my prints, it took me only three classes to fully print all my pictures in large size. Even though these negatives were less see through, I was still able to print the pictures well, and I did not need to use any filters. My timings were rather high, but I think this is because of the lack of light being able to pass through the negatives themselves, which therefore, even though the aperture was open; I still needed a lot of time. The high number of seconds could also have been because of how high the enlarger had to be put at. We were printing these final prints on A2 paper, which meant that the distance between the light source and the printing paper was farther too, which would mean that some of the light would get lost. Therefore, more time had to be added. But as I said, I was rather lucky, because even though my highest number was 135 seconds, there were students who had to go over 500 seconds. I was also lucky with the speed in which I was able to find my settings. Over all, I think I worked well in the dark room during this project. There was only one major problem which forced me to ask for help; when my enlarger was put at the top, I was not able to focus the image because I could not reach it. However, I got help to focus it.

Geen opmerkingen: