vrijdag 21 november 2008

Printing composition; Close-up


On the last print, I was looking at a close-up of the two girls. Sadly, it is not a very sharp close-up. It does still have some distance. This image has the same effect as the previous one with Faith’s glasses. On this picture there is also a reflection of the light, which is rather upsetting. Like I said for last picture I should have asked Faith to take her glasses off. I do however like that Renee is the only one in true focus, because that then focuses more on Renee’s hair, yet have Faith as well in order to evaluate her within the picture as well. This image didn’t need different settings than the other ones either; it also had an aperture of 2.8, and filter 0. Its test strips were started at 65 seconds, like the first print. And then I went up in 10’s until I found the right setting, mainly aperture 2.8, filter 0 and 95 seconds. Then I printed it in large size. Over all I am happy with this image, and like I said, I like that Renee is in focus and Faith is not. Like, she said herself, this image looks like the photographer wants to emphasize on Renee, and have Faith seem a background person. However the contrasts in this image are very clear.

Geen opmerkingen: